Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Love Or Money?

It’s true that it won’t work out as you think it is and it’s not as easy as you think it is for a couple to work together in such a stressful environment workplace. It was a wakeup call for me from the manager and I felt a sudden relieved that I choose and decided not to work with my boyfriend in the same company after the interview was dismissed.

In fact, the interview was an experience for me and he told me in his professional view in employing me for long term. It could cause strain on our relationship working with my boyfriend, it’s either LOVE or MONEY I have to choose between. Moreover, their working environment consists of stress and fucking at the employees if they did a single small mistake. It was a mistake for me to think I can cope in such a stressful environment for my first step into the world of career and it was even a greater MISTAKE to think I can cope with my boy working in the same workplace. The manager’s words came to an image vividly that would transform to reality that I will face it in the future if I were to work for long term. He was being upfront for the things he said that employees will get upset with him most of the times.

Can you cope working with me in this office?

This is rather not an interview, but a wakeup call for me. I am glad that he gave me these thoughts and let me to be absolutely sure of what I want to choose and between choosing Love or Money. Will I be able to cope with it if I lose my Love over Money, it’s not going to be balance in the world of career. I know it’s weird for manager to consult me regarding relationship in workplace but he’s just showing me the difficulties that it’s yet to face can bring into their company and teamwork. I decided I’ll take a step back and find other job instead coz this was the wrong place for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment